If you’ve been sexually harassed or assaulted write ‘me too’ as a reply to this tweet. pic.twitter.com/k2oeCiUf9n
— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) October 15, 2017
- Actress Alyssa Milano encouraged women who have experienced sexual harassment to acknowledge it on social media by writing, “Me too,” (a movement started by a Tarana Burke a decade ago) in support of fellow actress Rose McGowan’s efforts to expose rampant male sexual violence in the entertainment industry. The hashtag has been tweeted over 500,000 times, and posted by thousands of women as a Facebook status.
- Accused child predator, Woody Allen, expresses his sympathy for accused serial sex predator, Harvey Weinstein.
- A former member of the Pussycat Dolls, Kaya Jones, claims that the group was secretly a front for a trafficking ring.
- Hannah Mouncey, at 6’2 and 220 pounds, a former player for Australia’s national men’s handball team, is awaiting an eligibility ruling for the Australian Football League’s women’s draft, after announcing a gender transition.
- A UK court heard testimony from a trans-identified female that a budding serial rapist went ahead with their assault in spite of being informed that their victim identified as a man.