- Harvey Weinstein hired private security agencies to track his victims and stop the publication of the allegations that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker.
- A new report reveals the scope of male violence against women in Guatemala, where 62 women are murdered every month, and 1,000 girls under the age of 14 were made pregnant by rape last year.
- Former Calgary Stampeders player, Anthony D. McClanahan, has been arrested and is suspected of killing his 28-year-old wife, Keri (KC) McClanahan.
- The bodies of 26 girls, ages 14 to 18, were pulled out of the Mediterranean. Authorities suspect they were Nigerian migrants murdered by smugglers in league with sex traffickers.
- Claire Heuchan writes about Lesbian Line, a switchboard where women could connect with other lesbians pre-internet.
- Sheila Jeffreys and Linda Bellos will be speaking about Maria Miller’s proposals for the Gender Recognition Act on Wednesday in York. Watch the live stream starting at 6:15 pm UTC (10:15 am PT).
Enjoy fiercely independent, women-led media? Support Feminist Current!