In light of our own further review of the doc, coupled with audience reaction, we have decided not to air Transgender Kids. We think there are other docs that better offer insight into the realities of the transgender community and we look forward to airing those in the future.
— CBC Docs (@cbcdocs) December 12, 2017
- The CBC pulls BBC documentary, Transgender Kids: Who Knows Best?, after complaints from trans activists.
- President Donald Trump responds to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s call for him to resign over numerous sexual harassment and sexual assaulted allegations numerous by suggesting that the Senator had visited his office willing to do “anything” for donations. Over 100 Democratic lawmakers have called for a congressional investigation of Trump’s alleged sexual misconduct.
- In China, “virtue schools” for women discourage female ambition and train women to be obedient.
- Sex traffickers are smuggling North Korean women into China to prostitute or sell as brides, exploiting chronic hunger in North Korea and a demographic shortfall of women in China caused by parents’ preference for sons under the one-child policy.
- Sexual violence is widespread in UK schools, and a new survey reveals that more than one in three girls in mixed secondary schools has been sexually harassed.
- Women in mental health wards in Victoria, Australia are being sexually assaulted by male patients.