- In Connecticut, Bloodroot Vegetarian Restaurant — which houses a feminist bookstore and community space, and is run by lesbian feminists — is under attack for “transphobia.” In a statement posted to Facebook, the owners said:
“We find it ironic that of all the many businesses that you probably buy things from, it’s hard to imagine any of them being as supportive of not only trans people, but all people who are ‘different’ from societal norms as Bloodroot has been and continues to be. But Bloodroot, a Vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant and feminist bookstore, that has been in business for 40+ years and is owned and run by two lesbians aged 73 and 83, is the place they decide to attack.”
- Toby Young, a British journalist and Director of the New Schools Network, has resigned from the Office for Students, which regulates and promotes access to universities, after being exposed for making comments mocking people with disabilities, refugees, and women.
- Kerrice Lewis, a black lesbian, was shot and burned to death while locked in the trunk of a car in Washington, DC, a few days after Christmas.
- Actor James Franco is accused of inappropriate sexual behavior with several actresses.
- In the wake of another abusive father murdering his children in Oak Bay, BC, social workers and justice professionals have to reckon with how they failed the mother of these two girls.
- At The Nation, Rinku Sen argues the lefty critique of #TimesUp is tired and self-defeating.