So much tears & hugs at this marathon two-day speaking event in Seoul for women to share their experiences & thoughts over sex abuse. I saw women talk about abuses by bosses/church elders/a husband & insults by police when they came forward, in the span of just an hour. #metoo pic.twitter.com/I6COFpWlb5
— Hawon Jung (@allyjung) March 22, 2018
- Korean women hold two-day speakout to share #MeToo stories, joining women around the world in breaking their silence on the harassment and abuse they are subjected to.
- The US Senate passed the Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA) last week, 97-2, giving trafficking victims standing to sue websites that knowingly enabled their exploitation. Craigslist has already responded by shutting down their personals section.
- Every three days, a woman in France is killed by her husband or ex-husband.
- A cache of 5,000 documents retrieved from Taqba, Syria by a reporter after ISIS pulled out of the city show the institutionalization of female and child Yazidi slavery by Daesh, including the support payments given to fighters to subsidize maintenance of slaves.
- Dr. Curtis Crane, a sought-after San Francisco phalloplasty surgeon, has had an 8th malpractice suit filed against him.