- Women in the literary world have started to surface allegations of sexual harassment and misogynist behaviour by novelist Junot Díaz, while Mary Karr, a memoirist and poet, reminds us that her former partner and deceased novelist, David Foster Wallace, was known to have violently abused her and it only added to his fame.
- Cara Creaby, an officer with the Metropolitan Police in London, UK, is suing for £200,000 in damages for suffering PTSD after having to watch over 100 child rape videos without proper support in the course of her work.
- Vancouver Rape Relief has releases statement about the de-platforming and smearing of activist Yuly Chan from a panel scheduled as a part of the Vancouver Crossroads conference:
“We, as long-time feminist organizers in Vancouver, understand these attacks for what they are; the silencing of feminists”
- A Montreal massage therapist has filed a complaint with police over an officer’s dismissive attitude when she first tried to file a police report regarding a client masturbating in front of her after a session. She says the officer told her:
“There’s a lot of weirdos out there… I’m saying, be prepared to have weirdos. You will have weirdos. That’s the nature of the business. Unfortunately, that’s what happens. I just don’t want you to get emotional because you have weirdos out there.”
- Indian police have arrested 14 men suspected of aiding in abducting and burning a 16-year-old girl to death while her family was away, following her family pursuing punishment against two of the men for raping her.