- A trans-identified male has filed a human rights complaint against a salon in Windsor, Canada, after being told that none of the female staff on duty that day were willing to touch male genitals in order to give him a Brazilian wax.
- A third girl was raped and then burned to death in India last week, after the 16-year-old victim stated her intent to tell her family that she’d been attacked.
- A man who admitted to beating his wife to death in North Carolina is expected to serve less than a year in prison.
- A new law forbids Kansas police from coercing people they’ve detained into sex.
- In The Guardian, Gail Dines connects the popularity of choking in pornography and men bringing that practice into relationships with women:
“Data from studies on domestic violence indicate that the women most at risk of being murdered by their partners are those who were choked. Frontline activists who work with battered women say that while the batterer calls it ‘choking,’ it is in many cases actually strangulation. Of these women, ‘up to 68 per cent will experience near-fatal strangulation by their partner.’ Being strangled damages the ‘woman’s throat and makes breathing, swallowing, coughing and talking difficult.’ When the batterer takes it a few step further, ‘loss of consciousness can occur within 5 to 10 minutes; death within minutes.'”