— Harvey Jeni (@GappyTales) July 7, 2018
- Lesbian feminists marched at the front of the London Pride parade on Saturday, with messages supporting lesbian rights and opposing lesbian erasure. Jo Bartosch writes:
“In an audacious move, lesbian feminist campaigners Get the L Out marched to the front of the Pride bearing banners with the words ‘Lesbian = Female Homosexual’ ‘Lesbian Not Queer’ and ‘Transactivism Erases Lesbians.’ Pride London organisers told them their banners were ‘offensive’ and bystanders harassed and swore at the women.”
- An Iranian teen girl has been detained by authorities over an Instagram post of herself dancing, while a woman who engaged in a protest against mandatory hijab has been sentenced to two years in prison, with an additional 18-year suspended sentence.
- The US delegation to the United Nations surprised the world by objecting to a UN resolution supporting breastfeeding, and threatening economic retaliation against its supporters, until Russia agreed to sponsor the resolution instead and deliberations moved on.
- Tens of thousands of South Korean women demonstrated again over the weekend in opposition to an epidemic of surreptitiously filmed spy camera pornography, known as molka.
- The razor brand, Billie, has had its advertisement go viral after showing a woman with body hair.