- On Thursday, Jaymes Todd pled guilty to raping and murdering comedian Eurydice Dixon earlier this year. The death of Dixon, 22, caused national outcry in Australia about men’s violence against women.
- West Virginia and Alabama are taking steps towards banning abortion for all residents.
- The average number sexual assaults reported to police in Canada has increased by 25 per cent since the #MeToo movement began, though this has not led to a corresponding increase in criminal charges.
- Google will end its policy of forcing employees to sign away their right to take sexual harassment cases to court, a win for 20,000 workers who staged a walkout last week in protest of how the company has handled sexual misconduct.
- On Tuesday, the Girl Scouts of America filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the Boy Scouts of America in order to prevent membership and brand loss, after the Boy Scouts decided to drop “Boy” from its title and allow older girls to join. The Boy Scouts said in a statement:
“We applaud every organization that builds character and leadership in children, including the Girl Scouts of the USA, and believe that there is an opportunity for both organizations to serve girls and boys in our communities.”