Outside the Supreme Court to support Nicola Stocker fighting a libel charge for naming the abuse that was done to her and the man who did it. #solidaritynotsilence #stockervstocker pic.twitter.com/jtM8SHzRZh
— Karen Ingala Smith (@K_IngalaSmith) January 24, 2019
- In the UK, Nicola Stocker is arguing that the Supreme Court should overturn a ruling finding her guilty of defamation for a Facebook message in which she told her ex-husband’s new lover that he tried to strangle her.
- Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond is facing charges for attempted rape and sexual assault.
- A study reveals that a common IVF procedure known as “endometrial scratching” does not increase a woman’s chance of having a baby, despite being marketed as a fertility treatment. Experts are now encouraging IVF clinics to stop offering the treatment.
- Nigeria’s anti-trafficking agency says it has found between 20,000 and 45,000 missing girls and women on Mali, most of whom were kidnapped or lured into sex slavery.
- Indigenous and Women of Color Rise is being held on March 8th at the Seattle Central Library, featuring Dominique Christina and Cherry Smiley. More details and ways to support the event for those who cannot attend can be found here.