— Maya Forstater (@MForstater) January 28, 2019
- In the UK, women participated in a campaign that involved dressing iconic female statues in T-shirts with a dictionary definition of “woman” on the front.
“A spokeswoman for ReSisters United said: ‘The factual definition of woman has become taboo. With this action we send the message that women have the right to speak about our biology without shame, fear or retribution.'”
- Malaysia Goodson, a 22-year-old New York City mother, has died from her injuries after a falling down the stairs at a subway station.
- An analysis by the group Women and Girls in Scotland suggests that guidance for schools on trans-identified youth provided by LGBT Youth and the Scottish Trans Alliance could violate international human rights standards.
- A survey of Afghan citizens revealed that two thirds of Afghan men think that women in Afghanistan already have too many rights.
- Female Uber and Lyft drivers in the US report harassment by male passengers and say the companies provide little help when it comes to reporting and preventing further abuse.