- Six men have been arrested in India on allegations of killing a woman and four children for “witchcraft.” CNN reports:
“The persecution of women accused of witchcraft is especially common in rural areas in the eastern Indian states of Odisha and Jharkhand. According to the National Crime Records Bureau, a total of 134 people were killed in 2016 on suspicion of witchcraft.”
- An Action Aid study of girls and young women aged 14-21 in the UK, India, Brazil, and Kenya, indicates that a fifth worry about sexual harassment every day.
- Nurses and midwives in Ireland strike for better compensation and working conditions, while the government says they need to reserve funds for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit.
- A new report reveals that a woman or girl is killed every 2.5 days in Canada.
- Women in Kenya maintain the village of Umoja as a women-only village, providing sanctuary for girls fleeing female genital mutilation and women fleeing abuse.