Please sign and share the petition to let him know that women have the right to be heard!https://t.co/hW58f0GIeX
— WE NEED TO TALK (@WNTTgra) March 20, 2019
- In the UK, the Lewisham Council cancelled an event organized by We Need To Talk to discuss gender identity and race featuring three black women due to “safety concerns.” A petition has been started asking them to reconsider.
- The president of the Southern Poverty Law center resigns after allegations that now-departed founder, Morris Dees, harassed female and non-white staff.
- NASA cancelled an all-female spacewalk, citing a lack of outerwear small enough for female astronauts.
- The all-women editorial board of Women Church World, recognized for reporting on the abuse of nuns by priests, has resigned, citing pressure from the male leadership of the Vatican newspaper which published the magazine.
- The father of missing Indigenous woman, Lila Moody-Ogilvie, was told by Canadian police that she’d been found, when she had been dead in a Vancouver public housing unit for days.