- A survey by Women and Girls in Scotland revealed that 79 per cent of the 2,000 respondents want to retain single-sex facilities such as prisons, changing rooms, and refugee services. The survey also found that 71 per cent would not use survivor support services if they allowed males who identify as women.
- A 17-year-old Dutch girl was legally euthanized for depression she developed following multiple incidents of sexual assault and rape. Under Dutch law, she was old enough to make this decision without parental permission.*
- A UK man incarcerated for the murder of his female roommate has been sent back to the men’s prison after being caught having intercourse a female inmate.
- YouTube’s recommendation engine is revealed to direct viewers watching adult sexual content to family movies of little girls, racking up hundreds of thousands of views from visitors with sexual motivations for watching children.
- Children and teens marched in Paraguay to protest the atmosphere of impunity surrounding rape and sexual abuse in the country, where two girls between the ages of 10 and 14 give birth every day, often from incestuous abuse.
*Update and correction, June 5, 2019: Due to a translation error, it was mistakenly reported by numerous media outlets that Noa Pothoven was euthanized. In fact, she was rejected for euthanasia and instead starved herself at home, after her parents and doctors to agreed not to intervene.