Embed from Getty Images
- The Canadian federal government will compensate thousands of plaintiffs in a lawsuit alleging widespread sexual misconduct in the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Women in Russia are sharing their experiences of abuse and harassment using the hashtag #мне_нужна_гласность, meaning “I need public attention.”
- Jeffrey Epstein is denied bail and ruled “a danger to others and to the community” by a Manhattan judge while awaiting trial for the sex trafficking of underage girls.
- International convenience store chain Circle K issues a public apology in Mexico after tweeting an offer that urged shoppers to celebrate “Secretary Day” by purchasing condoms, wine, and chocolate.
- Indonesian activists warn of a growing epidemic of violence against women following two high-profile cases of domestic abuse that involved marital rape.
Like this article? Tip Feminist Current!