Women in Iran attend first football match in decades https://t.co/VfUkTsxaG0
— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) October 10, 2019
- Iranian women attended a men’s World Cup match in Tehran after being allowed to enter the stadium for the first time in decades. The change followed the death of a woman who set herself on fire after being arrested for entering a game.
- A murder investigation is launched after an SD card with files depicting a woman being assaulted and killed by a South African man was found lying on a street in Anchorage.
- Former NBC Today show host Matt Lauer is accused of sexual assault by a woman who claims Lauer tried to bully her into silence by publishing a letter saying the allegations “defied common sense.”
- Experts warn that menopausal women are being wrongly prescribed antidepressants, making their symptoms worse.
- Arizona official Paul Petersen is indicted on his alleged role in an adoption fraud scheme that smuggled pregnant women into the US and paid them to give up their babies.