While Hong Kong police have said they will investigate, they have also warned the student that she and her parents could be arrested for making false accusations. https://t.co/luukmb4Vg2
— VICE News (@vicenews) October 11, 2019
- A Hong Kong student claims she was sexually assaulted by police after being arrested at a pro-democracy protest, adding that she isn’t the only victim.
- Four people are found guilty of trafficking women from Slovakia to Glasgow and forcing victims into prostitution and marriage.
- A Seville judge throws out charges against three women accused of “crimes against religious sentiment” for carrying a vagina effigy in a May Day parade to protest the Church’s teachings on women’s reproductive rights.
- Hundreds of women protested climate change by taking part in a “nurse-in” with their children at an Extinction Rebellion blockade in London.
- A report warns that one quarter of women with incurable breast cancer had to see their doctor at least three times before being diagnosed.