— Ottawa Citizen (@OttawaCitizen) October 24, 2019
- MP Catherine McKenna’s office was vandalized with the slur, “cunt.” When asked if the incident makes her second-guess her decision to enter politics McKenna said:
“No. In fact, it makes it just so clear why it’s so important to go into politics. Some people clearly want to chase women out of politics — that’s not going to make politics any better.”
- Bangladesh has sentenced 16 people to death for the murder of Nusrat Jahan Rafi, a 19-year-old student who died after being set on fire for claiming she had been sexually harassed by her school principal.
- A group of sex offenders are suing a Georgia sheriff for planting signs in their yards warning trick-or-treaters not to visit their homes on Halloween.
- The Royal and Ancient Golf Club agrees to build women’s changing rooms at St Andrews for the first time, five years after it began accepting female members.
- Amnesty International calls on Jordan to end what it calls an “abusive system” that jails women who disobey male guardians or have relationships deemed inappropriate.