Canadian feminist’s transgender talk stirs uproar https://t.co/BFlYVaRW3q
— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) October 29, 2019
- Toronto city councillors voted to review policies governing community spaces after backlash over Meghan Murphy’s talk on gender identity at the Toronto Public Library.
- A growing number of female lawmakers in the UK are stepping down because of vicious abuse and intimidation they face while in office.
- Missouri’s health department allegedly kept a spreadsheet tracking the menstrual cycles of women who visited Planned Parenthood in St. Louis.
- Chinese tech giants Baidu and Qihoo 360 have developed mobile phone features that help users spot hidden cameras, alerting women amid a spycam epidemic.
- Women’s advocate Alaa Salah told the United Nations that women are being pushed aside in Sudan’s struggle to form a democratic government, despite their pivotal role in the country’s revolution.