- #GIDYVR: How media bias shapes the gender identity debate” will no longer be held at Simon Fraser University after threats of violence from trans activists spurred the sponsor to pull out, last minute. A new venue has been secured to host a panel featuring Quillette editor Jonathan Kay, The Post Millennial writer Anna Slatz, Meghan Murphy, and moderator, Lindsay Shepherd. Due to the venue change, ticket sales have been opened up again. The event will take place at the same time on the originally scheduled date, November 2. The new venue will remain a secret until Saturday, when ticket holders will be notified of the location.
- Five men accused of gang raping a 14-year-old girl are acquitted by a Barcelona court because the victim was was unconscious and didn’t resist, sparking outrage across Spain.
- A BBC investigation claims Google, Apple, and Instagram enable illegal online slave markets by providing and approving apps used for buying and selling domestic workers in the Gulf.
- A Nevada judge dismissed a lawsuit seeking to outlaw the state’s legal brothels after three women claimed they were trafficked and forced into prostitution.
- A London, Ontario police officer has been found guilty in the death of a First Nations woman who died shortly after being arrested