— Forbes (@Forbes) November 8, 2019
- Japanese women demand the right to wear glasses at work after various companies banned female employees from wearing eyeglasses, sparking outcry on social media over rigid rules on women’s appearance.
- Health Canada has banned the sale of a vaginal “detox” product following a CBC Marketplace investigation. Gynecologists say Goddess Vaginal Detox Pearls make “predatory” health claims and are potentially harmful.
- World cycling body UCI announces plans to review and potentially revise its eligibility policies for trans-identified male athletes who compete in women’s sports.
- A senior official in the French Ministry of Culture is charged with sexually assaulting and drugging over 200 women with diuretics in order to watch them urinate.
- A teenage boy who murdered his girlfriend for breaking up with him and tried to make her death look like suicide is handed a life sentence.