— THE CITY PAPER (@citypaperbogota) January 2, 2020
- Claudia López, Bogotá’s first female and openly lesbian mayor, took office on Wednesday, pledging to fight “racism, class distinctions, and xenophobia.”
- The first person to be granted legal “non-binary” sex designation has succeeded in restoring the sex on his birth certificate to “male.” James Shupe claims his previous non-binary identity was “psychologically harmful legal fiction,” telling PJ Media:
“The legal record has now been corrected and LGBT advocates are no longer able to use my historic non-binary court order to advance their toxic agenda. I am and have always been male. That is my biological truth, the only thing capable of grounding me to reality.”
- Protesters call for a tourism boycott on Cyprus after a British teenager was allegedly coerced by police to withdraw a gang rape report and found guilty of filing a false claim.
- A video from Egypt depicting a woman being sexually assaulted by a mob of men on New Year’s Eve has been confirmed to be authentic by the country’s police.
- Uruguay’s president declares a national emergency due to skyrocketing femicide rates, issuing a series of public policies to combat violence against women.
- Police have arrested prominent white supremacist Augustus Sol Invictus on a warrant for domestic violence and kidnapping his wife and children at gunpoint.