— Mexico News Daily (@mexicond) January 20, 2020
- Mexican women’s rights activist Isabel Cabanillas de la Torre, 26, was murdered in Juárez Friday night, sparking protests over the weekend calling for action on violence against women.
- The iconic Òran Mór bar in Glasgow was targeted by trans activists over the weekend after hosting a meeting of Scotland’s newly-formed LGB Alliance.
- More than half of women in London experience sexual harassment and abuse on public transit while tens of thousands of incidents go unreported, according to data from YouGov.
- Over a third of UK girls have been sexually harassed at school and in public while wearing their uniforms, compared to only six per cent of their male classmates.
- Trial has begun in India over a man who claims he was “forced” into undergoing sex reassignment surgery to marry a man in 2016, when gay marriage was still criminalized in the country. However, upon learning he was already married with children, the complainant filed legal action against him.