A former transgender patient has claimed a sex change clinic she claims is putting children on a “torturous”, “permanent” and “unnecessary” path https://t.co/nUnPDDEygD
— The Telegraph (@Telegraph) January 22, 2020
- A detransitioned woman and former Tavistock Centre patient has launched a legal challenge against the clinic, claiming it is putting children on a “torturous,” “permanent,” and “unnecessary” path by administering “experimental” puberty blockers.
- An Amnesty International India study shows Indian female politicians faced rampant abuse on Twitter, including rape and death threats, from a “troll army” on social media during the country’s 2019 general election.
- A law that would allow men accused of raping girls under 18 to avoid punishment if they marry their victims is set to be introduced in Turkey’s parliament.
- The National Archives is under fire for displaying a doctored image of the 2017 Women’s March. The ACLU is demanding answers for the decision to censor the photo, which depicts protest signs with references to female body parts and President Donald Trump’s name blurred out.
- The LGB Alliance launches in Scotland. The group formed following a split with Stonewall over disagreements on biological sex versus gender identity.