— TEN Canada (@TheEndoNetwork) June 25, 2020
- The Endometriosis Network Canada urges individuals and healthcare professionals to stop using “woman/women” when discussing endometriosis.
- On Wednesday, Justice Minister Avi Nissenkorn said he would advance a bill permitting same-sex couples to have children through a surrogate, months after the High Court of Justice ruled against a law that expanded surrogacy to single women but not to gay and lesbian couples.
- A group of women who sued convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein over allegations of sexual abuse and harassment reached a nearly $19 million.
- Egypt has finalized a number of amendments to the law which will toughen penalties against perpetrators of female genital mutilation (FGM).
- Researchers are calling for changes in drug dosages for women after a study revealed women are being overmedicated and enduring excess side effects. Bizjournals reports:
“The National Institutes of Health in 1993 began requiring drug trials be done on both women and men, but thousands of drugs approved prior to that are still on the market. Even in many studies done since, women remain underrepresented, or trials don’t examine or share data for sex differences, researchers note.”