A transgender female prisoner received her gender confirmation surgery after three years of legal battles, her attorney Lori Rifkin confirmed to CNN https://t.co/uDqKCDGbTI
— CNN (@CNN) July 29, 2020
- A trans-identified male inmate in prison for sexually assaulting a minor received “gender confirmation” surgery after three years of legal battles. CNN reports:
“A federal judge ordered the state to provide the surgery because Edmo’s mental health was impacted. In February, the 9th Circuity Court of Appeals upheld that ruling, marking the first time a federal appeals court has ruled that a state must provide gender assignment surgery to an incarcerated person.”
- US women are increasingly faced with no other option but to undergo miscarriages at home, without medical supervision or intervention, due to decreased hospital availability as a result of the pandemic.
- Thousands of women are experiencing debilitating health effects from breast implants, including rashes, chronic pain, hair loss, and inflammation. Many are unable to afford treatment to have the implants removed.
- The UK Crown Prosecution Service announced a five-year plan to increase rape convictions following sustained criticism over plummeting conviction rates.
- A 32-year-old teacher in Denmark who admitted to having a relationship with a 13-year-old student was found not guilty of rape, stating in his testimony that the girl had encouraged the sexual relationship herself.