Here we go 👏🏻👏🏻 https://t.co/sCyEZC4FoW
— Declaration on Women’s Sex Based Rights (@DeclarationOn) October 9, 2020
- The Women’s Human Rights Campaign will launch their Canadian chapter with a webinar on Saturday, October 24th at 9am PST. Registration for the webinar is open now.
- Barbie Kardashian, a trans-identified male with a history of violence towards women, has been remanded in the women’s section of Limerick Prison while awaiting trial for threatening to kill his mother.
- The Ministry of Human Rights in Pakistan condemned the practice of virginity tests performed on women reporting sexual abuse, calling it “a form of violence on women” and “a violation of the constitutional right to dignity of women.”
- Lawmakers in Bangladesh approved the death penalty for rape following a series of violent assaults and nationwide protests.
- Scottish lawmakers launched an inquiry into websites that promote the sex trafficking of women amid growing concerns of an “epidemic” of prostitution.
- Recent research revealed that men with children who are working remotely due to the pandemic received three times as many promotions as women.