“According to Adriana, she got kicked in the spine when she turned her back on the thugs. Other women received blows as well. The violence stopped only after the march’s organizer intervened and physically put herself in front of the attacking group.”https://t.co/Ozdb0ePLah
— 4W (@4WPub) November 29, 2021
- A small group of women’s rights activists demonstrating against the sex trade in Brussels say they were “beaten, insulted, and intimidated” by a large group of transgender activists.
- Female politicians who escaped the Taliban launch a new women’s parliament while in exile in Greece, where they will continue to campaign for women’s rights in Afghanistan.
- French-American artist Josephine Baker is set to become the first Black woman to be inducted into the Pantheon monument in Paris, one of France’s highest honors.
- Hundreds of ultra-Orthodox Jewish women are sprayed down with a fire hose and booted from a Hanukkah event in Elad. Israeli authorities claim the violent measures were taken due to overcrowding.
- Al Jazeera is telling the stories of Indigenous women who have gone missing or murdered along Canada’s infamous “Highway of Tears” in a six-part series.