ICYMI: We’re requiring all schools to adopt new signage to make our restrooms more inclusive. This is a big step forward for gender equity for our students and staff. pic.twitter.com/4JPBdd1jQy
— CPS – Chicago Public Schools (@ChiPubSchools) November 30, 2021
- Chicago Public Schools now require bathrooms to be gender-neutral, eliminating single-sex washrooms in all city public schools.
- Women’s campaign group Fair Play for Women is challenging Scotland’s official guidance for the question, “What is your sex?” in the 2022 census. Current guidance allows people to self-identify their sex on Scotland’s census.
- New data reveals jailed women in the U.K. are five times more likely to have a stillbirth and twice as likely to give birth to premature babies, as concern grows over the safety of women who give birth behind bars.
- Hundreds of Orthodox Jewish women are photographing themselves doing everyday tasks for the Jewish Life Photo Bank, aiming to end the erasure of women in Orthodox public life.
- Women in Canada are less optimistic about gender equality in the workplace, a survey of over 1,000 working Canadian women finds. Majority of respondents feel they aren’t offered the same opportunities as men, despite increased public awareness of workplace equality issues.