- Fashion designer Georgina Chapman has decided to leave Harvey Weinstein amid sexual assault allegations.
- India’s Supreme Court rules that all “sex” with a “child bride” should be deemed rape and is punishable as such.
- After wagging his finger at Weinstein, Ben Affleck apologizes for his own sexual assault (a decade late and via Twitter).
- EU Gender Equality League Table demonstrates that Britain has made exactly no progress in terms of addressing sex inequality in 10 years.
- Number of women in Canadian federal prisons rose 37 per cent in 10 years. Savannah Gentile of the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies tells the CBC:
“I have heard from a number of women that the first time they felt safe was the first night they spent in a prison cell… And I think that’s really an indictment on our communities if the first time a women is safe is when she is behind bars. It’s really speaking to a lack, a lack of resources that exist for women.”