I just had to Google around to see if this incredible photo was real/recent – it is, and it’s of women in Argentina yesterday protesting for abortion to be legal #AbortoLegalYa #NiUnaMenos
photo by @prensaobrera pic.twitter.com/wPUiUAf8vA
— Rossalyn Warren (@RossalynWarren) June 5, 2018
- Today, the Chamber of Deputies, Argentina’s lower house of Congress, began debating whether to allow abortions for women within the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. Led by Ni Una Menos, (Not One Less), a movement that began as a protest against femicide, women’s protests and abortion stories have shifted public opinion.
- Author Steven Galloway has been awarded $167,000 in damages after being fired from his position as head of UBC’s creative writing program following accusations of sexual misconduct.
- Denis Hof, pimp and owner of the Moonlite BunnyRanch and several other brothels, is running as a Republican nominee for a Nevada state Assembly seat.
- Deteriorating economic conditions combined with unaffordable or inaccessible birth control is driving Venezuelan women to extreme birth control measures, including irreversible sterilization and risky illegal abortions.
- Two male high school students who identify as transgender won first and second place in the 100 meter dash at the state championships for girls track and field.